Tallinn Old Town Tour with Bog Walk
- Escape the busy Tallinn in the morning and drive outside the city to enjoy the peaceful countryside
- Enjoy an Estonian bog – a wetland rich in unique flora and fauna
- Hike around the bog pools and admire the wildlife
- Visit the Old Town with its cobbled streets and colorful houses with a local guide
- Cover all the main sights including the Town Hall, Parliament building and Russian orthodox cathedral
- Take some spectacular photos from the viewing platforms in the upper part of the Old Town
- Get to experience both the historic Tallinn as well as beautiful nature and greenery outside – all in one day
If you want to cover the two main attractions of Tallinn – its romantic Old Town as well as the nature and greenery outside the city; then this day trip from Tallinn is made especially for you. Start the day with a drive outside the city and have a hike in the nature to experience the vast open landscape and unique environment of Estonian bogs. Admire the contrast between the yellowish-golden bog plants and the bog pools that on a sunny day have a perfect reflection of the blue sky and clouds above. Enjoy the surrounding silence and take time out from the rest of the world for a while.
Once you have filled your lungs with clean fresh air and enjoyed the peace in the countryside, get back to Tallinn where the morning rush has calmed down, leaving the streets more empty and easier to walk. Have a guided 1.5 hour Old Town sightseeing tour, covering all the main attractions, and learn about the history of Estonia from Medieval times, Russian and Soviet periods, all the way to nowadays. Explore the cobbled streets and colourful houses and enjoy the view over the red rooftops from the viewing platforms.
After the tour you can stay in the Old Town or be taken back to the cruise terminal.
PRICE INCLUDES: Personal pick-up and return, guide service, transport.
PICK UP PLACE AND TIME: Tallinn Cruise Harbour or Tallinn Tourist Information Centre.
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, German.
Pick up from the Cruise Ship Terminal or the Old Town
Get outside of Tallinn and visit a bog
Have a hike in the bog
Have a walking tour in the Old Town
Get dropped off at the cruise harbor or stay in the Old Town
Optional tips to enhance your experience:
- Want to take a step further and experience even more of Estonian culture? Check out our Bogs and Sauna Tour
- Take a day trip to Lahemaa to see even more of the Estonia’s unspoilt nature;
- In case bogs don’t sound that interesting to you, try a similar tour to Jägala Waterfall with Old Town Walking Tour
Tallinn Old Town Tour with Bog Walk
For families with children we usually offer discounted price. Please ask more information.
|Number of participants:||Price per person:|
|9 and more||on request|
Yesterday we went on a bog hike with Helen and we want to say what a wonderful trip it was. Helen was a great guide. She made us feel safe even though neither of us had ever walked on a bog in bog shoes before. She was very knowledgeable about the bog and its flora and fauna, as well as aspects of Estonian history and legends. Helen was so friendly and outgoing that the trip was not only exciting but really fun. We’d recommend this trip to anyone visiting Tallinn as it gives such a contrast to simply seeing the (also impressive) old town.
Regards from Allison and Mechthild from Berlin
Perfect shore excursion
Great to do both city and nature. Guide (Eero) was very knowledgable and put his personal touch on things. Able to be flexible with both kids (7, 9, and 12 years old) and my mom (in her 60s). Highly recommend!
Leave a Review