- See beautiful coastal cliffs, waterfalls and alternative abandoned sights all during one day tour;
- Visit Keila waterfall – third most powerful waterfall in Estonia;
- Hike along northern Estonian coast and admire the view on the cliffs over the sea;
- Explore hidden remains of Peter the Great’s Naval Fortress and walk through its underground rooms;
- Drive through the Soviet-era industrial city of Paldiski and visit its Russian Orthodox church;
- Explore the unearthly Rummu submerged quarry and former Soviet-era prisons.
Join this diverse tour that combines beautiful nature and hiking along the coastline with alternative sights from the Russian and Soviet history in Estonia. Visit an abandoned naval fortress which is now tucked away in the forest, but where it is still possible to explore the dark underground tunnels as well as the massive concrete structures above the ground. Continue the tour to Keila waterfall which is located in a peaceful manor park with charming bridges and walking paths. Drive through the mostly Russian-speaking city of Paldiski and get a feel of its industrial Soviet-era neighborhoods. Visit the local Russian orthodox church to learn about the contrast between Estonian and the local Russian cultures. Take a break at a local restaurant where you can order Estonian food for lunch.
Continue the tour to Pakri coastal cliffs and see the red lighthouse looking over the vast Baltic Sea. It is optional to buy a ticket to the lighthouse to climb to the top or to walk all the way to the Pakri waterfall. As the last stop on the tour, drive to Rummu submerged quarry. Climb up the sandy hills for a view over the entire crystal clear lake and the submerged houses. As you return to Tallinn, you can think back to the day filled with nature, alternative off the beaten path sights and history that you could not have found on your own.
Fun fact: Rummu Quarry is one of the most photographed places in Estonia. The lead singer of Rammstein, Till Lindemann, has found inspiration for two of his music videos in Rummu quarry. Read more about it in 5 famous places in Estonia that have inspired the world.
PRICE INCLUDES: transport to and from Tallinn, personal tour guide.
FOR EXTRA CHARGE: you will stop for lunch, but price for food is not included in the tour price, the ticket to Pakri lighthouse costs 5€
PICK UP: from Tallinn Tourist Information Centre or your hotel in Tallinn
Cover photo by © Filippo Cesarini
Start the tour with a walk in Suurupi seaside and an old military base
Admire Keila waterfall
Explore Paldiski city
Visit the coastal cliffs and Pakri lighthouse
Discover Rummu submerged quarry
Optional tips to enhance your experience:
- Wear windproof clothes as it can be very windy by the coast,
- When visiting on hot summer day, why not pack your swimsuit and have a dip at Rummu quarry, which is a popular swimming place among the locals;
- It is possible to tailor the tour to be focused more on the nature or on the history. For example, why not spend more time to walk along the paths by Keila river;
- If you are interested in classical music and culture, request to add a visit to Arvo Pärt Centre;
- Ask your tour guide to stop at a local store in Paldiski that sells everything from groceries to golden jewelry to household electronics;
- Include a stop at Treppoja waterfall – check out our blog posts about waterfalls near Tallinn
- If you have more days in Tallinn, book a day trip to Lahemaa to see even more of the Estonia’s unspoiled nature or look for some alternatives;
Prices for the Rummu submerged quarry and Paldiski tour from Tallinn
|Number of participants:||Price per person:||Children 4-12 years:|
|2||115 euros||92 euros|
|3||95 euros||76 euros|
|4||75 euros||60 euros|
|5-6||63 euros||50 euros|
|7-8||55 euros||44 euros|
|9 and more||on request||on request|