Tour in Tallinn and its surroundings: the Soviet Estonia
- Discover the Soviet secrets from behind the former Iron Curtain
- Visit the Olympic Center built in Tallinn for the Moscow Olympics
- Visit the abandoned soviet air-defense base and Coastal Folk Museum’s exhibition
- Drive along Tallinn’s coast and admire the postcard views from Tallinn TV tower
On the Soviet tour we see the legacy of Soviet occupation in Tallinn and its surroundings. The tour reveals all the Soviet secrets there were behind the former Iron Curtain.
On the tour we take a spectacular drive along Tallinn’s coast to get a feel for the area’s natural beauty and fascinating maritime and soviet history! You’ll visit the Olympic Center built in Tallinn for the Moscow Olympics. You’ll hear how the yachting competitions were organised during soviet times.
On the Viimsi peninsula, you’ll visit the secret abandoned soviet air-defense base and Coastal Folk Museum’s exhibition. It introduces stories about time behind the iron curtain. Admire the picture-postcard views of the Old Town skyline from Tallinn TV tower.
PRICE INCLUDES: personal pick up and return at your hotel, guide service, transport and entrance fees to museums.
FOR EXTRA CHARGE: Lunch or coffee break is available on request in restaurants of Viimsi or in TV tower.
PICK UP PLACE AND TIME: hotel or as agreed.
Learn about the historical background of soviet times at Freedom Square
See soviet architecture in Tallinn city centre and visit the place where the Estonian people sang themselves to freedom
Visit the former Olympic Centre, home to the yachting events for the Moscow Olympics in 1980
Explore an abandoned air-force base and get a best view over Tallinn from the TV tower
Optional tips to enhance your experience:
- order a yacht for 1 -2 hours to take a sailing cruise on Olympic yachting trails in Pirita;
- order a Soviet-style-food outdoor picnic;
- visit the KGB prison cells for extra 5 euros per person;
- when you are at least 6 person group, have a tour with soviet-style retrobus.
Prices for Behind The Iron Curtain – Secrets Of The Soviets
|Number of participants:||Price per person:||Children 4-12 years:|
|1||168 euros||168 euros|
|2-3||89 euros||59 euros|
|4-5||69 euros||39 euros|
|6-7||59 euros||29 euros|
|8 and more||49 euros||19 euros|