Lahemaa National Park has numerous bays and peninsulas, countless spectacular hiking trails, and many historical manor houses. Lahemaa is also loved for its beautiful waterfalls. Tucked in the deep forest you’ll find Valgejõgi (White River), Loobu river, and their three cascades – Vasaristi, Nõmmeveski, and Joaveski. In the wintry peace, we take on a longer hike and discover the icy art created by mother nature. It truly feels like you’ve found yourself in the Estonian Lapland. Keep an eye out for deer and water ouzel (dipper)!
- Enjoy a short 1-hour drive from Tallinn to the hike start in Lahemaa National Park.
- Hike in the Estonian forest with a local guide.
- Discover the beautiful cascades.
- Hear the folk stories of Estonian nature, culture, history.
- Look out for wildlife.
Hike distance: approx. 8-9 km.
In wintertime please wear warm and comfortable hiking boots and hiking clothes!
PRICE INCLUDES: transport to and from Tallinn, personal tour guide.
PICK UP: from Tallinn Tourist Information Centre or your hotel in Tallinn
Start our hike in Joaveski village
Enjoy the primordial nature of Lahemaa National Park
Explore Nõmmeveski waterfall
Hike to Vasaristi waterfall
It is said that the Three Waterfall Hike in Lahemaa National Parks is like walking in Lapland nature. Vasaristi waterfall is a cute, small yet beautiful waterfall oftentimes left unnoticed among the others. Close by the stream disappears into natural sinkholes and flows underground for about 200 m. How amazing is that?! We make our way back to the start of our hike. Hiking in the Lahemaa National Park is truly reenergizing and one of the best activities to do in Estonia for any nature lover.
Optional tips to enhance your experience:
- Wear warm clothes as it can be chilly. Wear comfortable hiking shoes,
- Take some snacks and water with you,
- We can customize. If you wish to see more of Lahemaa Natural Park’s history and culture, let us know beforehand and we can spend the whole day there.
- If you have more days in Tallinn, book Prangli Island Day Tour to see even more of Estonia’s unspoiled nature or look for some alternatives.
Prices for Hiking Lovers Tour in Lahemaa National Park
|Number of participants:||Price per person:||Children 13-16 years:|
|2||108 euros||52 euros|
|3||79 euros||46 euros|
|4||67 euros||40 euros|
|5-6||55 euros||30 euros|
|7-8||48 euros||24 euros|
|9 and more||on request||on request|