Day Trip to Soomaa National Park
- Go on a hike in the highest raised bog in Europe (6-8m), visit a tower overlooking to the wilderness, and listen to local legends about the area.
- Search for animal tracks in the unspoiled Estonian nature
- Visit local people and canoeing base camp in Karuskose farmstead
- Go on a canoeing trip with an experienced wilderness guide, who can also help you improve your canoeing skills, suitable for kids and beginners
- Picnic and hot drinks are provided by the tour guide
The Soomaa National Park is a wetland area in Pärnu and Viljandi County. Nature lovers might know Soomaa best for its so-called fifth season – flooding from melted snow or heavy rains that cover meadows, forests, roads, and even farmsteads. Soomaa is also known as the capital of Estonia’s untouched nature, including five large wetlands. Traveling here makes you wonder about the life of the local people – connection with nature, strength, and stubbornness to build their lives and homes here knowing that there always will be a flood.
Although witnessing the fifth season is a quite rare occasion, the wilderness experience is worth it in any other season, especially spring and autumn.
PRICE INCLUDES: personal pick-up and return from your hotel, guide service, and transport.
FOR EXTRA CHARGE: sauna
PICK-UP PLACE AND TIME: hotel, as agreed.
LANGUAGES: Private tours are available in English
The Soomaa National Park belongs to the PAN Parks network of protected areas, which focuses on the protection of wilderness.
In 2007, the European Commission launched the European Destinations of Excellence (EDEN) competition. The Soomaa National Park – 2009 winner in the category “EDEN. Estonia’s hidden treasures. Tourism and protected areas”
Prices for Day Trip to Soomaa National Park
For families with children, we usually offer discounted prices. Please ask for more information.
In April 2023, during the flooding, at weekends, we might have opportunity for discounted prices, when regular canoe trips are organized! Please ask!
|Number of participants:||Price per person:|
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review