Ice Road Tour – The Real Nordic Experience
- Cross the sea by car on an official ice-road, a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Visit the romantic health resort – Haapsalu city and the western islands of Estonia.
- Admire the beautiful Keila-Joa waterfall, frozen in wintertime.
- Learn more about the Estonian Swedes culture and history.
- Enjoy the wintry Estonian coastal areas.
For the once-in-a-lifetime experience of crossing the sea by car, join the Ice-Road tour! Almost every January and February, parts of the Baltic Sea completely freeze over, allowing the authorities to open official ice roads between the mainland and western Estonian islands. This day trip takes you by car over the ice to peninsula of Noarootsi, heart of Estonian Swedes culture and history. The trip also includes a city tour in Haaspalu and visiting Keila-Joa waterfall.
PRICE INCLUDES: personal pick up and return from your hotel, guide service, transport, entrance fees to museums.
FOR EXTRA CHARGE: lunch.
PICK UP PLACE AND TIME: hotel, as agreed.
Enjoy a wintry ride to the west coast of Estonia and visit Haapsalu
Drive with us on the ice-road
Our route will depend on which ice-roads are open at the time.
Explore Lääne-County, and learn more about Coastal Swedes
Visit romantic Keila-Joa waterfall
There is also a renovated hydroelectric power plant at the Keila waterfall.
Optional tips to enhance your experience:
- visit one of the most beautiful manors in Lääne county, Padise Manor, an 18th century historic mansion currently housing a hotel and restaurant. We also recommend stopping here if you would like to have more sophisticated lunch on our way back to Tallinn;
- buy some of the extraordinary, traditional embroidery or a famous Haapsalu Shawl, made from gloriously knitted lace.
Prices for Ice Road Tour – The Real Nordic Experience
|Number of participants:||Price per person:||Children 4-12 years:|
|2||107 euros||77 euros|
|3||87 euros||77 euros|
|4||77 euros||67 euros|
|5 and more||on request||on request|